Saturday, June 30, 2012

better than a rock god

Last week, (on the 22nd June actually) I got the opportunity to meet THE Man Himself, Tim Holtz, and to do a full-day workshop with him in Melbourne.
 It was a fantastic day! though it started WAY too early (in my head I was still on WA time, and I got up at 3 am. SOOOO tired)


Brekky in Melbourne at a cute little place called Cafe Baci's


and then to Oaks on Market for the workshop


Here we are getting settled in
 (and, of course, taking a million photos. For a while the clicking of cameras drowned out the chatter!)




I got to meet Mario and he hugged me twice! which Noriel completely failed to get pictures of, but oh well.



Then we got busy.
And I mean BUSY.
We completed 10 tags before lunch, and then another 10 after, and Tim is such a master of running classes that we kept up a great pace for the whole day -- not so fast that you get lost or flustered, and not so slow that you get bored.
Plus, the whole time he talks and drops really cool tips and techniques.
Let's face it, he's probably forgotten more about inks and paints than the rest of us will ever learn!



And then The Big Moment -- I actually got to speak to him, and get my picture taken with him (ugh) and get his autograph.


Truly, if you ever get the chance to do one of Tim's workshops? GO FOR IT!!
 He's a really good teacher -- even the techniques I didn't think I would like were enjoyable.
 And he is SUCH the nicest guy, it was a real pleasure to meet him.

1 comment:

Hi there, and thanks for taking the time to leave a comment -- I LOVE hearing what you think (: